WOW! Two trips in one week…We are lucky!
This time we headed to Brecon Cathedral to take part in Brecon Museum’s Tudor Workshop day
Here are some of the things we did:
- Learnt to write like Tudors with a quill, pen and ink (We loved it – watch out geese! Our fingers got REALLY inky!)
- Found out how Tudors used to make their clothes and had a go at weaving our own bookmarks, we had to try really hard to be careful and precise.
- Looked really closely at some artifacts…They were a little less muddy than at Ty Mawr
- Ate some delicious Tudor food, some vegetable stew in bread bowls. The teachers had a whole pig’s head on their table – Yuck!
- Had a go at some different Tudor games like Nine Men’s Morris and Ball in Cup.
- Made up some different dances with ribbons
- Finally we had a tour of Brecon Cathedral and learnt about how it had changed over SUCH a long time.
What a brilliant week! Ready for some sleep now…zzz